Tudor Caravan Park - FAQ
All those things you need to know before you arrive... All in one place.
- Arrival Time - any time after 12:00 noon;
- Departure Time - 11am unless by prior arrangement;
- Latest Arrival Time - Reception is open until 5pm most days, slightly later on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Absolute latest arrival time is 10:30pm when the front gates are locked to vehicles;
- Main Gate is locked between 10.30 pm & 7.00 am to all vehicles. Pedestrian access at all times. (Warden on site in case of emergency);
- Please keep noise down after 10pm;
- SatNavs will send you the wrong way! When you are safely on the A38, switch your SatNav off and follow the signs for 'Slimbridge Wetlands Centre' and 'Tudor Caravan Park'.
- Slimbridge School - very busy between 8:30 & 9:00am as children are arriving for school, & around 3pm when children are finishing school - we suggest you plan your arrival to avoid the school;
- Buses - lots of buses along the A38, 1.25 miles from main entrance;
- Trains - Cam & Dursley railway station has regular services to Gloucester & Bristol and beyond;
- We are open all year - January 1st to December 31st;
- Tudor Arms pub adjacent is open all year;
- Slimbridge WWT down the road is also open all year - they only close on Christmas Day;
- We allow well-behaved dogs - on site they must be kept on a lead at all times and owners pick up all their pets mess;
- Dog Walk - There is no 'dog walk' on-site. We suggest the canal towpath right alongside the site - Ask at Reception for our Suggested Dog Walks leaflet;
- Tudor Arms - the pub & restaurant has a dog-friendly area;
- The Black Shed Licensed Cafe opposite is dog-friendly area;
- Freezer - free use of freezer for ice packs in the washing-up area beside the old toilet block;
- BBQ – Allowed but must be at least 12 inches off the ground to protect the grass;
- Bicycle Hire - The Black Shed opposite hires out bikes;
- The Black Shed doesn't have a shop but sells basic provisions;
- Nearest Supermarket is Tesco at Cam 3 ¼ miles from our entrance gate;
- The Green Shop in Frampton-on-Severn is a lovely canalside walk away from us;
- Dursley is nearest town which has Sainsburys, Lidl, Iceland and a wide range of shops & cafes;
- Tudor Arms Public House next door serves hot & cold meals until 9pm. They are a seperate business. Booking advised - (01453) 890306;
- The Black Shed Licensed Cafe opposite serves food all day;
- Pizza Van - mobile pizza visits regularly during the summer (ask at Reception);
- There is plenty of fishing. Nearest is the Gloucester-Sharpness canal running alongside the park where fishing is allowed all year round as long as you have a rod licence;
- Read our detailed Fishing FAQ;
- Slimbridge Wetlands Centre is a short 5-minute walk from the main gate - go out of the gate, turn left, go over the canal bridge and Slimbridge WWT is at the end of the road;
We've tested it and you can stream movies accross the whole site. You can easily set it up from your pitch and it works with multiple devices.
We love it - hope you like it too.
There is plenty of good fishing close to Tudor Caravan Park. Nearest is the Gloucester-Sharpness canal running alongside the park