Tudor Caravan Park - Fishing FAQ
There is plenty of fishing close to Tudor Caravan Park. Nearest is the Gloucester-Sharpness canal running alongside the park - there are also a few small lakes nearby (ask at reception).
Tudor Caravan Park is ideally located at 'The Patch' for some of the best areas of the canal to fish, especially for bream.
Of course, staying on site you have no worries about car parking.
Anglers are welcome along the whole length of the canal, most lengths are stocked with chubb, roach, bream, perch and some carp. There are pike and zander on some stretches.
A permit is required - these are available from the water bailiff at Canals & Rivers Trust.
Suggested locations are:
- Hempstead to Rea: Offers match quality fishing. Good fishing for bream, roach and chubb - limited car parking and towpath space in some places.
- Sellers to Parkend: A good general length. No parking or vehicle access to the towpath.
- Junction to Fretherne: Excellent general fishing length. Good fishing for bream and roach. Plenty of parking and towpath space.
- Cambridge: Good area either side of the bridge. Limited parking space but an easy walk from Tudor Caravan Park.
- Cambridge to Patch: A quality match length. Especially good for bream. Right on your doorstep when staying at Tudor Caravan Park.
- Patch to Purton Upper: Note frequent boat traffic but an easy walk from Tudor Caravan Park.
- Purton Lower to Sharpness: Good quality fishing length. Restricted access and parking, resulting in long walks to key sites (but worth the walk!).
(Send your fishing photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion here)